My aim is to offer first-class childcare and at the same time make the minimum impact on the environment.
We've all heard the statistics about landfills full of nappies and carbon footprints and we've also heard that if everyone does just a little then it can make a big difference.
So here are a few ways that I try to make a little difference,
- we recycle as much of our waste as possible.
- we compost our kitchen rubbish
- all cleaning agents are environmentally friendly, we use mostly ENJO chemical free cleaning system.
- we shop locally.
- we aim to buy as much organic produce as possible.
- we got rid of the tumble dryer
- we have changed energy suppliers to an eco-friendly supplier.
- we use energy saving appliances and bulbs and turn them off when not in use.
- we plan our meals to try to reduce what we buy and avoid waste.
- I encourage children to reuse and recycle things, for example “junk modeling” and colouring on both sides of the paper.
None of it is earth shattering, but we are making an effort and I believe that it's important to teach by example rather than to preach.
Our work on Nature!